Key results areas
- Strategic and business planning
- Community consultations
- Priority planning
- Focussed Conversations
Facilitating highly participative and creative workshops for strategic planning and authentic community engagement; Using a collective process where all voices are heard and a diversity of experience brought to bear on problem produces a much richer form of democracy than the top-down approach.
ODCS is a well respected professional facilitation service provider in Perth delivering over 100 workshops across Australia. ODCS facilitators are fully trained in highly participative methodologies and base their approach on the following assumptions:
- Everyone has wisdom;
- Everyone’s wisdom is need for the wisest results;
- There are no wrong answers;
- The whole is greater than the sum of the parts; and
- Everyone will have the opportunity to hear and be heard.
ODCS uses and range of methodology to conduct strategic planning and community consultations. They include the strategic planning workshop (ToP) method; world café; open space technology; and online collaborative platforms.
What ODCS can do
ODCS is highly experienced in facilitating strategic planning sessions and developing Strategic or Operational Plans for the client. In a strategic thinking process, the ODCS facilitator guides a group through four basic movements:
- defining a mission/purpose statement and vision or future picture of the organisation
- identifying the supporting and hindering factors/issues impacting on achievement of the vision
- identifying strategic actions to overcome and address the issues or capitalise on opportunities and
- an implementation plan detailing how those strategies will be actioned to achieve your vision.
Often decisions on community consultations need to be made quickly and with limited resources. ODCS will help you gain clarity on the outcomes you wish to achieve and techniques that fits your objectives. Once the level of participation is clarified a clear objective is communicated to all from the outset can help encourage participation minimise disappointment and reduce the dropout rate. Once the consultation methods have been chosen and implemented to fit each target segment, ODSC will help your organisation evaluate the impact of the consultation process. ODSC has experience conducting tailored community consultations with diverse segments of the community. To view a community strategic plan we have recently developed, click here.