There are some pretty good reasons why HR consultants are a smart use of resources for start-ups and small to medium sized enterprises (SME’s). Here are a few:
- Get more bang for your buck by contracting high level strategic HR support to address systemic issues in your business. Once HR systems are established on-going HR support can then be utilised on an as-needs basis reducing overall costs, as opposed to hiring a permanent HR employee.
- Want to impress the Board? A strategic HR consultant will work with you at the Board level to establish or strengthen corporate governance structures to achieve better organisational strategies and plans, improve operational effectiveness, more prudent regulatory compliance and increased likelihood that your company will deliver on its vision and purpose.
- From a regulatory compliance perspective, an HR consultant will look at your obligations under relevant legislation and Modern Awards reducing any potential legal risk associated with unfair dismissals, bullying, discrimination or adverse action – to avoid any hefty fines or hours of unproductive time in court.
- If your staff don’t connect their work with the big picture; or you have performance issues, an HR consultant can work with you to align individual key performance indicators with strategic intent – the touchstone for a performance management system.
- Through HR intervention and support, Managers can be upskilled to manage their staff more independently and proactively through clearly defined cultural behaviours, HR protocols, coaching and best practice guides.
If you would like to discuss how OD Consulting Services can help you, contact HR consultant, Bill Coghlan, on 0448 874 410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org For more information go to www.odconsultingservices.com.au